Kareem with Shadi, his kind brother

Kareem with Shadi, his kind brother

Saturday 9 January 2021

You are my sunshine

There are several blogs that I have written but not published yet. I will publish them by the date they were written even that they may appear in the wrong chronological order! . 

09 January 2021 

This week I walked with Kareem and Ottah, my daughter’s dog to the nearby park. Kareem loves playing with the dog throwing a ball and see the dog catches it and runs with it before leaving it for Kareem to throw it again.


It was so cold so we did not stay long. As we were walking home, he left me and walked to talk to two ladies walking about. He said hello then complemented one on her colourful scarf and the other on her jacket! I came near them – preserving distance- and he introduced them as the ladies who help him swimming and introduced me as “my favourite aunt”. Not sure how accurate he was in describing me as such!  

I have not met many kids who have something nice to say to people like Kareem does. He sees beauty in everything and everybody. He told them that he was missing swimming.  But then was happy to continue walking with the dog.

Every night Shadi and Kareem ring me say good night. Tonight, Kareem said to me: you are my sunshine. In reality he is my real sunshine who brighten my day and evening by just seeing him, listening to him and celebrating his achievements big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment