Kareem with Shadi, his kind brother

Kareem with Shadi, his kind brother

Tuesday 6 June 2017

20th April 2017 : Speaking

Dib Dib Dib
The sound of his little feet on the wooden floor in the morning is like lovely music to my ears. I sit in bed just listening to his feet outside my room hoping that he would come in.


He normally gets up about 5:30 am and go to his parents bedroom before coming to my room to wake me up around 7:00 to “go work” . But sometimes he comes early and cuddles next to me. Nothing can put me in a bad mood like being woken up early. Kareem is an exception. No matter when or how he wakes me up, I find myself happy and cannot stop smiling. 

He can say an understandable "morning" and "good night" now. In fact his speech is improving a lot everyday and he is full of chat. I still have to listen carefully as he is now making 4 words sentence and a sentence rapidly follows another. The difficulty comes when he says something and while I understand the words, I cannot comprehend the full meaning of the speech. This is because I am still stuck in the context of previous speech while he has already moved on to another new idea/context! He now asks why about everything. I when you ask him why he replies "because" and then give a reason.

I remember the days when he was saying a word or two and I was wondering when he would be able to make a sentence. Now he is the greatest chatterbox! 


No comments:

Post a Comment